Reasons to Consider Yurt Camping
- Easy pack up and set up. You don’t have to bring nearly as much equipment when camping in a yurt. Since it is furnished you don’t have to bring all your inflatable mattresses. You do need to bring your own bedding. The heater is built in, so there is not need to bring a heater. Yurts are perfect for a quick weekend camping trip. As soon as school is out and everyone is off work, you can head to the campgrounds without worrying that you will be setting up a tent in the dark.
- You still hear all the sounds of nature, like tent camping. Yurts are made of a wooden frame and canvas, so you can still listen to night sounds as you go to sleep.
- It’s inexpensive. Yurt camping is usually inexpensive depending on the location. Yurt camping is usually less expensive than cabin camping, but more expensive than tent camping.
- It has a locking door. The locking door in an extra amount of security. Love the locking door!
- It sounds cool. A lot of people still aren’t familiar with yurt camping, so it still has that mysterious, cool factor.
- It’s a great winter option for camping, especially if you have young children. With a toddler, it is just a tiny bit easier than a tent. There was more room for our baby girl to explore and walk around. Nap time and bed time were easy.
- Yurts are so darn cute!!
For an inside tour of our yurt from a recent camping trip, see my post Yurt Camping- Touring The Inside Of Our Yurt.
I’ll see ya around the campfire.
This yurt is located in Georgia State Parks. Visit their website for reservation information here.