For a tasty camping side dish, try my Campfire Roasted Potatoes Recipe. Cook these potatoes in aluminium foil right over the campfire.
Are you starting to see a pattern here? And how do they taste? Delish.
- 4 to 5 medium potatoes or 8 to 10 small new potatoes, washed
- 1 medium onion, washed.
- 2 Tbsp. garlic powder
- 2 Tbsp. paprika
- salt and coarse ground black pepper
- olive oil
- Cut potatoes into large chunks.
- Slice the onion.
- Add a little olive oil, just enough to coat the potatoes.
- Stir potatoes with spices.
- Add the onion slices.
- Place the potatoes and onion mixture on a large piece of aluminum foil and fold into a pouch. Potatoes should be completely enclosed in foil.
- Cook over campfire on a grill or place the potatoes in foil over coals beside the fire.
- Cooking time varies depending on how hot your campfire is burning and the size of potato chunks.
- Cook until potatoes are tender when poked with a fork. Potatoes cut into large chunks may take 45 minutes to 1 hour to cook.
- When cooking at home, bake at 425 degrees for 40 to 50 minutes.