Our Hawaiian Burger recipe is easy, unique and delicious. It makes a wonderful addition to our list of camping recipes.
Our Hawaiian Burger recipe was created by my hubby for our 4th of July cookout when he noticed King’s Hawaiian Hamburger Buns in our grocery store. From there, the idea took off. You can make it your own by adding your favorite cheese and condiments. This hamburger is great for camping, picnics or luau parties (why, not).
The sweet buns along with the pineapple really complement the grilled hamburger patty. To complete the meal, serve the Hawaiian burgers with some of our simple summer side dish recipes found here.
Try it out and see what you think. We would love to hear your variations for this recipe.
I’ll see ya by the campfire.
- 1 lb lean ground beef, shaped into 4 patties
- 4-8 grilled pineapple slices
- 4 King's Hawaiian Hamburger Buns
- 1 head of lettuce
- 1 onion
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese
- ⅓ cup mayo
- salt and pepper to taste
- Season the hamburger patties with salt and pepper (or Cajun seasoning) to taste.
- Grill hamburger patties until well done (internal temperature should reach 165°F).
- Grill pineapple slices on both sides and remove from heat.
- Assemble your Hawaiian Burger using the King's Hawaiian Sweet Sandwich Buns and top with a slice (or 2) of grilled pineapple, cheese, lettuce, onions and condiments. Serve immediately.