Dutch Oven Dessert- Campy Dad’s Apple Dumpling Recipe
Looking for an easy and scrumptious Dutch oven dessert recipe for your next camping trip? Well, we’ve got you covered. Today, we are sharing the Campy Dad’s Apple Dumpling Dessert recipe.
Not only is this a wonderful camping dessert, but this recipe is dear to my heart. While we were dating, my hubby cooked this for me. He actually cooked it in the oven. The good news is that not only is it easy for bachelors to cook, but it also makes a great dessert around the campfire.
4 tsp sugar
3 tsp cinnamon
1/2 C water
1 pkg crescent rolls
- Wash apples and peel them.
- Slice the apples into 8 pieces.
- Take a crescent triangle and roll an apple slice up in it. Repeat with all 8 crescents.
- Place all the apple dumplings into the Dutch oven.
- Sprinkle sugar and cinnamon over the apple dumplings.
- Pour water over the dumplings.
- Cover the Dutch oven with the lid. Then sit the Dutch oven on the hot coals in the campfire and add hot coals on top of the lid as well.
- Cook for approximately 20-35 minutes until the rolls are browned. When cooking this recipe at home, bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes.
- Enjoy! By the way, this dessert is even better topped with vanilla ice cream.