Gear Review: Duraflame Campfire Roasting Logs Review and Giveaway
We are reviewing the Duraflame® Campfire Roasting Logs™ because the quest for the ultimate s’more, starts with the campfire. According to Duraflame, their campfire roasting logs were introduced as a cleaner burning alternative to a traditional campfire built with firewood. But how do they stack up compared to firewood in other areas?
- Burns 60% cleaner than firewood.
- 100% renewable roasting logs (made of recycled sawdust, renewable bio wax and real wood charcoal).
- A 5 lb bundle of 4 logs is ideal for one campfire, lasting up to 2 hours.
- The 1 campfire bundle (which weighs 5 lbs) is equivalent to burning 24 lbs of firewood.
- Ideal for campsite fires, backyard firepits, fireplaces, and beach fires.
How to Build a Campfire Using the Duraflame Campfire Roasting Logs
Without removing the wrappers, stack 2 or 3 logs and light the wrappers. After about 45 minutes, when the coals have turned into glowing coals, the fire is ready for roasting. That’s easy enough.
What We Like About the Duraflame Campfire Roasting Logs
- Super easy to start a campfire.
- You don’t need a firestarter or kindling.
- Lighter than firewood and therefore, more portable. 5 lbs of Duraflame logs is equal to burning 24 lbs of firewood.
- Burns clean.
- Pest-free alternative to firewood. Insects are invading and killing forests around the country, because of firewood that has been transported over 50 miles. For more information about this see my other post, Protect Our Forests- Don’t Bring Firewood From Home to Your Campsite. You can buy these logs ahead of time and know that they are safe to carry to the campsite, even if your campsite is over 50 miles away.
What We Are Not So Crazy About
- It’s hard to get beyond the fact that it is not firewood. But it is so simple to use, that you eventually get past the sentimental baggage.
The Bottom Line
We were really impressed with the Duraflame Campfire Roasting Logs. We have used them during our last couple camping trips. They made starting the campfire a cinch. These roasting logs would be great for new campers. And they are a lot lighter than firewood.
They are easy to use, less to carry with you and saves you time on the day of the camping trip. Since you don't have to worry about pests, you can buy the logs ahead of time and then you don't have to stop close to your campsite to buy firewood. Cleaner, more portable and pest-free-- yep, we like that.
But don't take my word for it. Try them for yourself. Enter the contest below for a chance to win.
1 lucky winner will win a Duraflame S'mores Kit + 5 lb bundle of Duraflame Campfire Roasting Logs.
2 more winners will each win a bundle (5 lb) of Duraflame Campfire Roasting Logs.
The S'mores Kit includes Hershey's Milk Chocolate Bars, Marshmallows, Graham Crackers and Toasting Sticks. The Bundles of Campfire Roasting Logs are actually a freebie coupon for the logs (the coupon is a lot cheaper for me to ship).
Contest ends Thursday, July 26th at midnight, so enter today.
Duraflame provided me with a bundle of Campfire Roasting Logs free of charge so I could review them. The opinions are my own.
The first photo is from Duraflame and is copyrighted by them. The other photos are copyrighted by A Little Campy.com
What's your favorite type of s'more to roast over a campfire?
Having trouble viewing this widget? Enter on my facebook page. Click HERE to go to A Little Campy's facebook page.