Valentine’s Day is coming up. Flowers and candy are so played. Make this Valentine’s Day unforgettable. Surprise your sweetie with a romantic camping trip.
How To Make A Camping Trip Romantic
- Get a babysitter.
And there you have it! That’s pretty much the list.
How To Make Your Romantic Camping Trip Memorable
- String white Christmas or camping lights around your campsite. Make sure you put up plenty.
- Build a fire. Add some lavender stems to the fire for a nice aroma.
- Play your favorite slow songs, quietly.
- Upgrade your red checkered tablecloth. Find a prettier tablecloth and coordinating napkins.
- Use stemware.
- Make a fabulously romantic dinner over the campfire. Consider grilling lobster or shrimp. Wrap potatoes and corn in foil and bake in the coals of the campfire. Warm french bread or your favorite bakery bread in foil by the campfire. Prepare a salad ahead of time and bring it with you.
- Wear the slinkiest winter coat you can find and your nicest base layer.
- Decorate table with a single rose.
- Serve dinner by the light of a propane lantern dialed down for optimum ambiance.
- For dessert, consider chocolate fondue heated over the campfire, stirring constantly until melted. Bring wooden skewers and dippables that you have cut into 1 inch squares prior to coming to the campsite. Possible dippables include strawberries, pound cake, pretzels, marshmallows, graham crackers and biscotti.
- 16 oz milk chocolate chips
- 5 Tbsp unsalted butter
- pound cake
- graham crackers
- Before heading to the campsite, cut the dippables into 1 inch squares.
- At the campsite, melt the chocolate chips and butter in a saucepan over the campfire or on your camping stove. Stir frequently until chocolate is melted.
- Transfer the chocolate fondue into a serving bowl or a candle fondue pot or a gel fueled fondue pot.
- Provide skewers (wooden or the skewers that come with the fondue pot) for each person.
- Get to dipping and enjoy!